Multi Jet Fusion (MJF) 3D Printing Provides:
- Functional, complex parts from prototype to production
- High accuracy and detail
- Consistent surface finish with fine layer lines
- Best-in-class isotropy
- Commercial-grade nylons exhibiting uniform strength in all directions
- Well-balanced elastomers with strong property profiles
- Accelerated build speeds compared to other 3D printing technologies
- Bulk pricing at higher volumes
- Multiple finishing and post-processing options
- Commercial-grade prototypes
- Final part production
- Mass customization
- Bridge manufacturing
- Consumer goods
- Jigs and fixtures
- End of arm tooling (EOAT) robotics
- Orthotics and prosthetics (O&P)
- Enclosures and housings with living hinges and snap parts
HP Multi Jet Fusion (MJF) is a powder bed fusion 3D printing process akin to Selective Laser Sintering (SLS). Rather than using a laser as the heat source like in SLS, MJF employs HP’s proprietary ink jet technology to fuse layers of powder. This advanced 3D printing technology selectively applies fusing and detailing agents to transfer and control thermal energy from infrared heat lamps. The build process is repeated for each layer of powder until the parts are printed. Powder from each previous layer acts as the support, so there is no need for support structures to produce complex parts with lattice structures, overhangs and undercuts.
After the build cycle is completed, parts are moved to a processing station for cooling and the majority of loose powder is extracted using an integrated vacuum. Parts are then bead blasted to remove any residual power. Finishing and post-processing techniques can then be employed to improve visual appearance and performance of MJF parts, such as surface smoothing, DeepDye Coloring, engineered coatings, or heat-set inserts.
MJF produces resilient end-use parts and functional prototypes with outstanding resolution, surface finish, and edge definition. With speeds up to ten times faster than Selective Laser Sintering, HP Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing makes production-level manufacturing and customization possible without expensive tooling.
Start Digital Manufacturing with Multi Jet Fusion 3D Printing Today!
Whether you are in need of functional prototypes or ready for production, Avid Product Development can help you with your project.